Friday! It’s finally here! I can sleep!
So it may be pretty obvious that I am so ready to be out of this office for two whole days. I am so excited to eat more than one meal a day away from my desk and to not worry every time I hear the phone ring.
When I am working I could get called out to do any job at any time. And there really is no limit.. 11pm on a Sunday? Of course I can drive for hours to wake someone up in the middle of the night. 3am when I’m in the office in four hours? Yes of course I can have a lucid conversation about a complex article.
You guys know how much I love my job and it does have the greatest rewards but it can be so punishing at times. I’m not going to make any attempt at covering the fact that working 12 days on, two days off for three months straight is brutal.
What am I doing next weekend? Working of course!
But enough of the moaning and on with some joy. Foodie joy to be precise! Running around like a crazy lady gives me a serious need for exciting food and I’ve been indulging a little this week.
It also gives me a need to breathe fresh air and enjoy my beautiful city, something I did with an early morning stroll before work today.
This is a much better view though:
It felt so good to feel fresh air blow around me and to look over my favourite part of Bristol. Even if it did mean skipping a lie in on a morning when I wasn’t working out. So rejuvenating.
But let’s talk about the food!
Five delicious eats this week
1) Thai meal – I went out for a thai with one of my best friends on Wednesday. The girl time and catch up was very important and we had a blast.
My starter was chicken satay, which was delicious:
I ate the chicken but the rice wasn’t cooked. It wasn’t all bad though, meant there was room for pancakes for dessert!
2) Danio cherry yogurt – You need to try this. Super thick, as the pot says, and with huge slices of cherry at the bottom. My new favourite dessert. Apart from the pancake, obviously.
3) Liberte 0% Greek with Strawberry – I talked about picking this up on Monday and promised I’d let you guys know how it tastes.
4) Chicken fajita lettuce wraps – I think fajita night may have to become more than a weekly event in our flat. I had four of these bad boys and they were incredible.
5) Cod, sweet chilli sauce, avocado, cucumber, tomato and spinach bowl - This isn’t new, I hear you cry. Well no, it isn’t but honestly there is nothing better than an old favourite to get your tastebuds trusting savoury food again after an awful meal out (see #1!)
Have a great weekend!