Happy Friday friends! It is so almost the weekend and I for one am celebrating. It is the end of 19 long days at work and nothing’s going to bring me down.
You know that scene in 500 Days of Summer where Tom walks out of the flat after spending the night with Summer and everything goes his way?
Yeah, that one!
Well that’s how I envisaged my day being today. You know, every light turning green as I cruised to work with bags of time to spare, people cheering as I entered the office, tossing a bouquet perfectly into a vase on my desk…
Err yeah, that didn’t happen. I was running late as I couldn’t find the skirt I wanted to wear, I scraped my car pulling out of the drive and there was an accident in front of my on the motorway so I was stuck in gridlock traffic for ages.
Still, nothing’s going to bring me down. That’s my mantra and I’m sticking to it.
Especially as I have some exciting news to share with you today… I went back to school last night!
Please excuse how shattered I look, I am most certainly not at my best after a day in the office. But appearance aside, I’ve been wanting to develop outside work and joining an evening class has been a huge step forward.
Yesterday I rushed home from work, threw on my rain jacket and packed my brand new notebook into my bag before heading to the adult learning centre a short walk away.
The class was an hour and a half long and I had a lot of fun, it meant so much to speak in German again. Basically, I learned it at school and never wanted to give it up. Then my job and crazy long hours came along and I just stopped.
I’m such a geek this time around though – I was even excited when we were given homework!
I love Germany, the people, culture and the language so it was great to be immersed in it again. James and I travelled to Berlin two years ago and we want to head back this year, so I’ll be able to put my brushed up skills to good use.
My sister and I actually visited Berlin a few months before I went with James and we had a blast!
Cannot wait to go back. James and I also had a brilliant time, there just weren’t enough pictures of us looking ridiculous that I wanted to share!
Five Six foodie buys this week
1) Air dried apple crisps – I haven’t tried these yet but they look yummy. They are 100% apples too, no nasty preservatives or added bits.
2) Pitted Kalamata Olives – I used to eat loads of olives and then stopped because I got sick of the glass jar type but decided to buy these on a whim from the deli.
3) Organic cacao nibs – I am a huge convert to these, they taste amazing! Buying the nibs is so convenient, you can sprinkle them on pretty much everything.
Especially almond butter on a spoon before an evening study class! Times three. Way. Too. Good.
4) I still picked up some of the cacao beans in case I didn’t like the nibs – I know, I’m an idiot! They are yummy but I prefer them peeled now.
5) I don’t have a problem. Repeat, I don’t have a problem.
6) Oh and on that note, I bought a container of fudge to help me through the end of the week. It’s all gone now but was a much-needed treat to perk up the last part of the slog.
Don’t worry, I balanced it with a super healthy dinner packed with good stuff – cod, avocado, spinach, olives, cucumber, tomatoes and olive oil and balsamic.
Have a great weekend!